Monday 5 May 2014

Something different. (Saturday the 3rd - Sunday 4th of May 2014)




Prior to my last experience coarse fishing with Paul Burridge that I really enjoyed made me organise a 24 our session. As I have said before I have never fished like this before and I am no expert. The reason that I am trying out this style of fishing is so don’t project myself as a one trick pony but instead as an all round angler!


   We left Weymouth at 11am and set course for Coking Farm Fishery. On arrival to the lake we off loaded all the gear to fish for the 24 hour period and set the rods up with a running ledger and hair rigged Ccmoores Boilies. After setting up I looked over the lake. I was stunned as there was not a cloud in sight. The sun was out and the landscape surrounding the lake was pictures. Fishing started off slow with no fish until 3 hours in. so I had to find something to do while I was waiting. I set about fishing with a pole for some roach at the borderline of the swim. This was like lrf but for a lake. While I was playing around with the roach the bite alarm sounded indicating that a fish was on Paul’s rod. He striked and hooked his first fish. As he fought the fish to try and stop it from running of I ran for the landing net. Once the fish had been placed into a fish cradle it was identified as a Common Carp. After releasing the fish it became my turn to catch a fish.



I sat in my chair passionately waiting for a bite. One hour past and finally a bite but not on my rod instead on Russel’s rod. He quickly sprigged into action playing the fish until it was landed. Then while I was taking a picture of Russel’s fish my bite alarm sounded. Before I got to my rod the fish was hooked and started to tear the line off the spool. I picked my rod up and striked and reeled in the fish. I soon Realised that I too caught a common Carp.  After this it all went quiet until the next morning. I woke up at 4pm to find Paul and Russel into another fish each. All the fish that were caught were Mirror and Common Carp from high singles to low doubles. In total 12 fish were caught. Five to Paul three to Russsell and four to me. I know that people say that coarse fishing is boring but I really enjoyed my first overnight session and I cannot wait until the next time!!











No comments:

Post a Comment