Sunday 18 May 2014

LRF Weymouth Harbor Saturday 17th May 2014.


I started the weekend of going to a friends birthday BBQ at the Nothe Fort in Weymouth. The sun was shining so I thought I should take my LRF gear as I was right next to the harbor. Hopefully later in the afternoon I could squeeze in a hour or two. On arrival at the Nothe I looked out to Newton’s Cove to see that the tide was out. As a result I decided to wait until the tide comes in before I set about fishing. After having a burger and something to drink I was ready to fish. Instead of fishing alone I asked my friend Baily Hall if he would like to join me as he had never tried LRF before. He accepted my offer and we both headed for Brewers Quay.





When we arrived I set up my rod with some pink Isome. Then I lowered the plastic lure into the water and with in a few seconds I had a Goby on the line. After releasing my fish I handed the rod over to Baily. With in a few seconds like me he hooked into his first ever LRF caught fish. (Black Goby). Between us we caught another 10 Goby’s with in 5m of Brewers quay After this I decided to move on.
We headed for the stone pier. When we got there again we shared the rod and between us caught another 10 goby’s 2 Scorpion. To top the hole day off I hooked into my PB LRF caught fish. (Tompot)! This fish was also another fish to add to my species list as I had never caught one before.   All round it was a fantastic day ! I Thoroughly enjoyed Bailys company and look forward to another fishing session with him!








Also just to add I have a new lure bag – (SAVAGE GEAR ROAD RUNNERLURE & GEAR BAG). Over the next two months I will be reviewing this product to see what is good and bad about it. If you have one of these bags or have had one then please feel free to tell me what you think about it and what you found useful or not so useful about it.












No comments:

Post a Comment