Monday 24 March 2014

Perch bashing. (Saturday 22nd March 2014)

I started the day cleaning wills car. After about a our Will and I realised that the weather was good enough to go fishing. At 2 PM we headed out to a lake. We also asked Andy Mytton out to fish with us as well. On arrival at the lake a quickly set up my rod with a savage gear soft 4 play and headed of a swim. After about 20 mints Will hooked in to the first perch of the day! 
I ran for the landing net abandoning my rod and lure on the bank. We managed to land the fish, take a photograph and release it. But as we released the fish Andy piked up my rod and had a play with my lure. He was going to show me how to work it, but…… on the first cast he landed him self a 3 LB Perch ON MY ROD !!!!!!!! I did not mind that he caught it on my rod. He still caught the fish.  Well done Andy !!!!  While releasing the fish I caught some under water footage of it swimming of. I will release this footage later in the year when I put together a years fishing video. After this I cracked on trying to catch a perch. Nothing. Two ours wet by and I still had not caught anything. But then will changed his set up to drop shot. Two cast hooked him his PB Perch. I still had no fish. Time went on and it become to dark to fish. Yes I blanked on this day. I don't mind. At least Will and Andy Caught some monster perch that was a witness to! To sum the day up - I had a cracking time and in relation to me blanking. "If you were meant to catch fish every time you went out then fishing would no longer be a sport and nether would it be called Fishing, it would be called Catching". 









No comments:

Post a Comment